Monday, January 24, 2011

Spinning the Pinwheel


I started experimenting in psychism with a simple experiment that consisted of using a small pinwheel device that I would attempt to move with my mind. It consisted of a square piece of paper folded like an umbrella to form a shallow pyramidal shape, and this was balanced on the end of a needle that protruded vertically from a cork used as a base. Placing them on a table where they were free from drafts of air, I would spend a few minutes at a time holding my hands close to the balanced paper (about four to six inches away), being very careful not to breath on it or move my hands too quickly as I tried to make the paper rotate on the needle.

At first, I could get no reactions at all, but I would continue to try from time to time, never for more than a minute or two, and slowly, over many short attempts, I began to see results. At first I could only make the paper waver for a second, but after a while I could get it to turn as soon as I put my hands near it. After about two weeks of practice, I could usually make it spin three or four revolutions without any problem. I didn’t try to force myself to make it move through heavy concentration. Instead, I was just focusing my awareness on what I was doing, letting whatever happened happen. Psychic influence can be very temperamental, and if it wasn’t currently active then there was no use in trying to force it, since this seems to only make it recede further.

If you practice with this experiment, you should see an increase in the amount of movement over time. At first, it will probably only move very slightly, and then with more attempts will move a little more, perhaps a quarter turn. Continued practice will show an increase in movement, perhaps turning in one direction, then going the other way. After a while, it should begin to make complete rotations in one or the other direction. At this point, you may want to try to will it to turn in only one specific direction.

This experiment is useful for getting a feel for the mental state that will allow psi energy to flow the easiest. Different times of day, such as when you are wide awake compared to when you are tired, when you are hungry compared to when your appetite is satisfied, when you are in an exceptional mood compared to when you are angry or sad, etc., will all have some bearing on how well it works. Also, placing your hands in different positions relative to the paper will reveal some clues. For instance, try placing them slightly above, slightly below, close to the paper and farther away. I have found that there seem to be specific ‘hot spots’ or lines of force that depend on precise positioning of the hands and fingers, or perhaps of the whole body.

A continual increase in movement over time will show that this is more than just the random effect of the natural energy field surrounding your body, and that, at the very least, we are able to exert some directed will upon it. Being aware of this when you see improvement in your own tests will increase your confidence in your abilities and this in turn will help to open the psychic channel further.

It was suggested to me that kinetic energy is causing the paper to move, so I tested this theory by briskly rubbing my hands together to create kinetic energy before placing them near the paper, but I got absolutely no reaction when I did this.

I have also noticed that the ability to move the pinwheel disappears when I try the experiment after washing my hands, and it should be noted that Uri Geller, the famous ‘spoon-bender’, was unable to perform psychokinetic acts when his hands were wet.1

1 See Uri: A Journal of the Mystery of Uri Geller, by Andrija Puharich, pg. 46.

No comments:

Post a Comment